The Bare Bones Of SEO
Writing by Nick StamoulisSearch Engine Optimization (SEO) can be a complex process with a host of variables that could be tweaked. At the same time there is a bare bones approach to SEO that can get your site, and more importantly, its pages, on the road to a reasonable search result placement.
It should be remembered that search engines return pages as results, not sites, however this doesn’t mean that a sites ranking are not important. Everything counts. These bare bones SEO tips should be considered the bare minimum.
1. Include keywords in the HTML title tags.
2. Include keywords in all URL’s.
3. Highlight keywords by making them bold and using them in headings.
4. Link to other pages that rank well for the keyword.
5. Use H1 and H2 tags around the keyword, when appropriate.
6. Obtain links from quality sites in your niche.
7. Where possible, get the sites linking to you to use your keywords in the anchor text of the link.
8. Create additional keyword optimized content.
9. Apply internal links where appropriate. At the very least ensure that every page links to the home page.
If every page meets those SEO criteria then you are giving your pages the best start possible to ranking in the search results pages. Just as importantly, if you ever decide to take on an SEO specialist you will have provided a base for them to build on.